We are a wiki about tabletop role-playing games (RPGs), and our database includes information for RPG players, GMs, and designers. Other RPG wikis focus on homebrew content or specific games or settings, but we want to be a resource that can be useful for everyone in the RPG hobby. That's why our pages cover gaming advice, theory, publishing, history and culture without the homebrew content.
Anyone can edit pages on RPG Museum, and we'll never reach our full potential without contributions from RPG fans like you! We need new content, so we especially appreciate when people add new pages. Do you see something missing, like a game, a book, a creator, a concept? You can help by adding a page for it! We'll thank you later.
You can learn more about the RPG Museum itself at RPG Museum:About!
Contents (all pages)
- See also
What's new on RPG Museum
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
25 July 2021
What are RPGs?
A role-playing game or RPG is a sort of creative social activity in which the players use game rules and their imaginations to create and play the roles of characters, who will be the protagonists in the fiction that the players will create together. This fiction is usually created through a semi-structured conversation, with players taking it in turns to say what happens and using rules to resolve situations of conflict or uncertainty about what happens next.
If you'd like to help out but aren't sure where to start, try one of these?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial at Fandom Community Central.
- For more on what needs doing here specifically, visit the Community page.
- You can get credit for your work (and make the adverts go away) by making an account!
- What is there to do?
We really love when people add new material, so here are some tips for that:
- Have a look at Special:Wantedpages, a list of pages that we don't have but should. Can you write one of them?
- If you're not sure what to put on a page you want to write, you could start with one of our infoboxes, templates that arrange data at the top of a new page.
- Can you add a sentence or two to our very short pages?
- Can you upload an image for one of our pages without images?
- Create an article
You can use this bow to make a pre-formatted page (including helpful tips!) on a role-playing game:
Or for something more freeform, you can use this box instead:
|Other English tabletop RPG wikis from Fandom|
|General RPG wikis:||RPG Museum • RPG Wikia (homebrew) • RPG Graveyard • O.G.R.E.s|
|Dungeons & Dragons:||Dragonlance • D&D Lore (canon) • Dungeons & Dragons (homebrew) • Dungeons & Dragons 4e • Eberron • Forgotten Realms • Spelljammer|
|Other specific RPGs:||Ars Magica • d20 NPCs • GURPS • Legend of the Five Rings • Pathfinder • Rifts • Shadowrun • Star Wars d20 • Warhammer 40k: Dark Heresy • White Wolf (World of Darkness)|