Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Rules are sometimes contrasted with rulings, which are decisions made at the table (usually by a GM) without reference to rules.
Types of rules
- Rules as written - This refers to the rules that are formally presented in a game's rulebook or supplements.
- Rules as intended - These are the rules that work according to the designs and intentions of the designers.
- Rules as interpreted - These are the rules used by players at a table, based on their understanding of the rules that they have received.
- House rules - These are rules used by players at a table that intentionally deviate from their understanding of the rules received through formal channels.
- Made-up rules - These are rules that players may believe exist in the rules as written or intended, but which do not.
- Optional rules - These are rules included in the game text itself, but only as options for groups to use or not as they choose.