Types of rules
- Rules as written - This refers to the rules that are formally presented in a game's rulebook or supplements.
- Rules as intended - These are the rules that work according to the designs and intentions of the designers.
- Rules as interpreted - These are the rules used by players at a table, based on their understanding of the rules that they have received.
- House rules - These are rules used by players at a table that intentionally deviate from their understanding of the rules received through formal channels.
- Made-up rules - These are rules that players may believe exist in the rules as written or intended, but which do not.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.