YouTube is an online video-sharing platform, founded in 2005 and currently owned by Google. YouTube allows users to upload, view, rate, add to favorites, share, add to playlists, flag, report, or comment on videos, as well as subscribe to the channels of other users. It offers a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media videos, including many about role-playing games.
A complete catalogue of RPG-related content is effectively impossible, but here are a selection of channels that prominently feature RPGs:
- Adam Koebel - Channel of Adam Koebel, co-designer of Dungeon World, including game reviews, actual plays, and general RPG discussions.
- Critical Role - An actual play channel centered on a campaign of Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition, with Matt Mercer as the DM and his voice actor friends as the players. They have played other RPGs, and the channel also includes advice for players.
- Davvy Chappy - Guides for D&D 5th edition, primarily how to play different classes and how to run different monsters.
- Dicebreaker - A channel about general tabletop gaming, which includes actual plays and reviews of RPGs as well as general tips for players.
- Dingo Doodles - Animated game tales/recaps of Dingo's ongoing campaign of Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition, in which she plays a monkey wild magic sorcerer.
- DM It All - Reviews of classic Dungeons & Dragons modules.
- Dungeon Dudes - Actual plays, listicle-style videos, and play advice relating to D&D 5th edition.
- How to be a Great Game Master - As the name suggests, advice and guides for GMs
- Jon Peterson - Jon Peterson is a gaming historian and author of Playing at the World, and his videos are about the history of the wargaming and roleplaying hobbies and industries.
- Jorphdan - Deep dives into the lore, history and mythology of various D&D campaign settings.
- Matthew Colville - The channel of Matt Collville, author of Strongholds & Followers, primarily with advice for new and current DMs of D&D. He also has an actual play of a campaign he runs, The Chain, but most new episodes of this are at a secondary channel, MCDM (also the name of his publishing company).
- MonarchsFactory - The personal channel of Dael Kingsmill, on which she shares ideas and house rules for her D&D games.
- Puffin Forest - The channel of Benjamin Scott, which features animated game tales from his own campaigns, often but not always D&D, and generally featuring Ben himself as the GM.
- Runesmith - Various guides to D&D, most notably monsters and setting lore, but also with other guides for playing and running the game.
- Taking20 - A channel about RPGs, primarily but not exclusively D&D 5th edition, including DM advice, player advice, Roll20 tutorials and other things.
- Tim Kask - Personal channel of Tim Kask, editor for TSR, who uses his series Curmudgeon in the Cellar to share his perspective and knowledge of old-school gaming and D&D.
- Tulok the Barbrarian - Guides to build certain fictional characters in Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition.
- WASD20 - Mainly mapmaking and worldbuilding for GMs, with some general advice for GMs and players.
- XP to Level 3 - Advice for DMs and players of Dungeons & Dragons
- Zee Bashew - Animated guides to various rules in Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition, especially spells.
Several of the actual plays listed at Actual play are also hosted on YouTube.